Xtratime Community banner
41 - 60 of 129 Posts
Good to get another win, a shame to concede one late on.

It's almost hilarious that Charpentier scores with his first touch, and after so much questioning where he is, why are we keeping him. That one goal won't stop those questions.... but if he shows some form it will keep the other front players on their toes as there's another option up there now.

The way parma plays is beautiful. Coherent. Like a team. Like that cyprien is back. He'll obviously be re integrated back into the team.

Vasquez is not missed. He's been a flop at Cremonese. Says a lot. And Inglese... I will NEVER ever want to see that blood sucker again. He refuses to leave the team when he's obviously been out of Pecchias plans.

This team is different. Effective. It's quite obvious that they play as a team instead of hoping that Vasquez would solve it for them. They've stepped up. We will slaughter Ascoli. 3-0

The way parma plays is beautiful. Coherent. Like a team. Like that cyprien is back. He'll obviously be re integrated back into the team.

Vasquez is not missed. He's been a flop at Cremonese. Says a lot. And Inglese... I will NEVER ever want to see that blood sucker again. He refuses to leave the team when he's obviously been out of Pecchias plans.

This team is different. Effective. It's quite obvious that they play as a team instead of hoping that Vasquez would solve it for them. They've stepped up. We will slaughter Ascoli. 3-0
Not quite 3-0 as we conceded one. Man on fire again to keep the pressure on the chasing teams (given there's a mess of who's played one more or one less than the others).

Am not that bitter for either Vasquez or Inglese, Vasquez being a good player was not an excuse for the others not to do their bit but seemed to be that way. As for Inglese, a bit of an enigma, started well last season then just disappeared.... I guess until his contract expires or he gets to play and not lose income on a new contract he'll sit it out, given how long a football career is I can sort of see why he would... For now the priority is the first team squad and their performances.

Palermo lost at home to Lecco. We're now five points clear of Venezia and Catanzaro, and six points clear of Palermo, but without them having two games less than us.

Early days, but I can't deny that this is a good start.

Given there's a huge amount of rainfall in the region at the moment I'm wondering if the game will go ahead on the 1st November. Still 24 hours so will come down to how much has passed. Given they've been keeping schools closed and rivers are running very high I think there's a good chance it will get postponed.

Wow, 4-2 victory over D'Aversa's Lecce away in the Coppa Italia. We played well.

Still in shock really at out form - best run in 20+years?
As far as the Coppa goes we seem (to my view) to be a team that either go far or go out early.... So let's see.

A great result but a shame to let them back to 2-2 when we were 2-0 up. Pecchia started putting on more of what I'd call the first team so was clearly pushing for the win.

That said I don't want the Coppa to be a distraction from Serie B - like it causing an injury to Osorio.

Dominated the first half, conceded a lot in the second half. We were lucky in the end, but we wouldn't have been if we hadn't pushed forward in the end.

I have to say that the first goal seemed offside and we were lucky not to concede a penalty. We could have gotten a penalty for that hands ball though. Ah well :)

Another win, 2-0, to now put us five points clear at the top (all games played being even for the nearest teams). Whatever it is this squad has I can't explain it but the names change and the results don't. Still a long long way to go.

This is crazy. Parma is dominating the games. Knows how to defend all of sudden and scores. They're playing this wonderful boring football and plays good. It's been A looong time since I last saw saw parma win this much

Ah ****!

We lost away to Lecco, both Man and Mihalia were unavailable and then Hernani managed to go and get sent off in the first half. From there on it looked inevitable, though from 3-1 down we did get to 3-2 and had a penalty appeal turned down by VAR. So despite the absentees and 10 men we still fought for something.

Ah ****!

We lost away to Lecco, both Man and Mihalia were unavailable and then Hernani managed to go and get sent off in the first half. From there on it looked inevitable, though from 3-1 down we did get to 3-2 and had a penalty appeal turned down by VAR. So despite the absentees and 10 men we still fought for something.

The field looked like a potato field. Was totally impossible to play there. Hernanis didn't deserve a second yellow card. He blocked the ball and used his body. Other guy just screamed. That referee is infamous for disliking parma.

Looks like the wheels could be falling off.... losing at home to Modena....

A saved penalty and an injury time equalizer.... Not the result we wanted and likely we'll drop off first place now, but good to see that the squad are still fighting till the end, and showing the right attitude. Now we just need to get back to winning...

It's all gone a bit quiet on there (as ever).

So following the loss and then draw it looked like we were going to draw another game that we should be winning, an injury time own goal giving us the points against Spezia.

It certainly feels like there's been a dip in form now - though it was interesting that Camarra was a starter in the last game. Whether Pecchia expected that he could get more game time against a team expected to be weaker I don't know, certainly his ratings seem to indicate he's putting the effort in.

Now we have the minor game of a Coppa trip to Fiorentina. Given our form I suspect this is where our journey will end, but it's football so you never know which version of the team will turn up and Fiorentina have not had brilliant form of late.

More importantly is for the squad to recover for the Palermo game this week-end!

Painful loss. Lead 0-2 for the longest time. The youngsters aren't able to carry a penalty shootout like that.

It's fine to lose to Fiorentina and be out of the cup, but it was an unnecessary loss.

Painful loss. Lead 0-2 for the longest time. The youngsters aren't able to carry a penalty shootout like that.

It's fine to lose to Fiorentina and be out of the cup, but it was an unnecessary loss.
Feels like the old story - had me believing up until 80 minutes.... once the first goal went in I was pretty sure we'd lose the tie.

Am pleased that we performed, and worried that now more Serie A teams will have noticed some of our players.... We'd best get promoted....

Now the concern is the Palermo game, 90 minutes + extra time will mean recovery is key now.

Well the good news is that we're top....

The game seems to have been a roller coaster.... We went 2-0 down in the first half, pulled one back, and then went 3-1 down, until the 90th.... 3-3 with two injury time goals.

Pleased to have gotten something, but honestly had expected us to win this, at home. It's definitely a tough moment for us, but the squad are still fighting. Now if only we could work out what's going on with our defence....

41 - 60 of 129 Posts